Thursday, March 15, 2012

Ruffles Have Ridges


I think we've skipped spring altogether and jumped straight into summer. Don't get me wrong - I'm over the moon about the return of warm, sunny days, but I'm confused about how to get dressed. And I haven't had my first spring pedicure yet...

Cardigan - LOFT / Ruffled shirt - Lane Bryant / Tank - Anthropologie / Ankle pants - Lane Bryant /
Belt - Talbots / Clutch - eloquii /  Heels - Max Studio (via DSW)

Ankle pants seem to be where (wear?) it's at, though. They grow on me the more I wear them. I had hoped they'd be a wardrobe staple and I haven't been disappointed! Basically, showing my ankles is helping me transition into, er, whatever the helluva season we're having. Shoot, it could snow tomorrow (and it might) and I guess I could make it work...


The rest of the outfit was put together on the basis that I really did want to wear more teal and leopard together. What's easier than a teal cardigan and leopard heels? The (very fussy and rather old) ruffled shirt was the middle man, the simple print (stripe) to tie it all together with some kind of visual interest. Maybe too much, though, eh?

Ring - Ruche (gifted) / Necklace - The Limited / Earrings - Banana Republic


2 comments:

  1. OMG! I am addicted to your blog (I've been a lurker for about 3 months); and I've replicated just about all of your color combinations. I so can't wait to try this combo (about to go on the hunt for some ankle pants because I must rock this look. Oh and I'm following you via Instagram also... LOL! Keep it up. #lovingitinSFLA. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love teal. I love orange. I love animal prints.  I love ruffles. That is a lot of love in one outfit. Had to pin it too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!